Teacher let the monkeys out! More like the students let the teacher out. Where did we celebrate my last day? Disneyland, of course! With Naz in town, we wanted to have some fun. He's been so patient, coming to school with me, packing up my classroom, and suffering from lack of skating. After work, we ate Kogi's for lunch and then drove to the Happiest Place on Earth.
Thank you to Nicole for getting us in! We didn't realize that out passes wouldn't work (due to it being a black out date), so we are very grateful she came down and joined us for a few rides. She even watched Audrey so we could go on the Haunted Mansion. Audrey loves Auntie Nicole. I'm sad I didn't get a picture of them.
Naz and Audrey on her favorite ride, the "white train." AKA the tram.

Audrey wasn't scared of Dumbo last time we went on, but she wasn't ecstatic, either. I wasn't sure how she's react to it this time. I thought she might be a little freaked out...
Not the case! She loved it! It was tough getting pictures since we were all moving up and down and the sun was in our eyes, but I could see her big smile from where I was!
My "baby" brother isn't a baby at all. He'll be 17 in September. Here's his fake smile.
Audrey's favorite place in Toon Town is Goofy's House. There is a slide and her favorite, tunnels! In the house, there's this piano that plays animal sounds. She got some scoldings from me, because when another child would try to play the piano, she'd pull their hand off and take over. I got some dirty looks, but you have to admire her determination.
Any Dodger fans out there? John started talking in a hushed but excited tone all of a sudden, and I made out the words "Andre Ethier." He's one that I have heard of, but being an Angel fan, I couldn't remember that he plays right field. He was there with his wife and kids, and we got a pretty good look at him. Hubba hubba... I may be a Dodger fan now!
After 4 whole hours at Disneyland (the longest she's lasted so far!), it was time to go home. She wasn't having the stroller, so I picked her up around the castle and cradled her. By the time we got to the tram, she was knocked out, and didn't wake up until 6:00 the next morning.






No comments:
Post a Comment