Monday, June 27, 2011

Bir(d)! Bir(d)! Bir(d)!

Audrey LOVES birds.  Every time we are outside for any reason, she's looking for birds.  If she sees a tree, she points and says "bird."  Actually, it's more like "bir" since she's not great with the "d" sound yet.  She's learned to flap her wings for bird, and whens she sees an owl (or her snowman cup), she hoots and leans forward like the great horned owl we look at on youtube.  I wonder where she got this passion for birds?


Here is a picture of our friend, Camilla, a lutino lovebird.  I know I've introduced her before.  She's the younger sibling of and replacement for the one I killed, Mango.  She was graciously given to me by my friend Karen, even after she found out about Mango.  Camilla is a sweet bird.  When I open her cage, she flies straight for my shoulder, and she only bites (or lunges) when you stick your hand in her cage.  Audrey is a little afraid to hold her, but she loves watching her fly and make noise, and points at Camilla's cage and says "bird" during mealtimes.

I love animals, and I feel like I'm passing this love on to Audrey.  While birds seem to be her favorite so far, cats are a close second.  She's always loving on Jack (the most tolerant kitty in the world).  She climbs onto the couch and face plants into his side.  She even stands on him, and he just looks at me with "Help me!" in his eyes.  Audrey can now meow, woof, flap like a bird, swing her arm like an elephant's trunk, hop like a bunny, rib(bit) like a frog, pound her chest like a gorilla, and hoot like an owl.  She can point out other animals if you ask her where they are in a book (or the zoo).
That black mass in my lap is Jack.

Audrey and Jack at peace.


Birds are funny creatures.  Camilla loves her bath, even if it's in the bathroom sink!


No comments: