Today was Audrey's 18 month well-baby check up (even though she'll be 19 months on Tuesday). I posted many of her skills and abilities in the last post, but the doctor had a few things to share with us.
- Weight: 21 lbs., 7.4 ounces (10th %ile)
- Height: 31 inches (25th %ile)
- Head: 18.5 inches (around the 50th %ile)
- She is petite, but healthy!
The doctor checked her out and said she's healthy and has no cavities (that he could see). He also said that she appears to be right where she should be developmentally, if not ahead, even. He was impressed with her extensive knowledge of animals and their sounds and habitats ("What's in the tree?" "Bird!" etc.). My big concern was her language development. He said I have nothing to worry about, because most kids don't start really talking until 20-22 months, and have about 5-7 words at this age, which she far surpasses. That was a relief. I guess we should just enjoy the quiet while we still have it!
No comments:
Post a Comment