On Thursday, we went to Disneyland. I like this picture so much, I'm posting it again. The zeal in Audrey's face, and with her sitting in her Daddy's lap, makes it one of my favorites.
On Friday, Naz watched Audrey so I could go to Ali's salon and finally get my hair done! I was up for something different, and I definitely got what I wanted! It's not a great picture, but it's red and I now have bangs (which I haven't really had since fifth grade).
After that, we came home and straightened up, because my cousin was in town from Indiana/Ohio and she and her friend met us for dinner, yummy Don Jose's, a favorite in our house. I like to keep a clean house, but it can be a big job with a toddler, 2 cats, a bird and houseguests! It's about time Audrey starts pulling her own weight around here...
SOMEONE has to teach her, right?
On Saturday, we woke up early and went for a nice walk around Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley, my favorite park, with our friend Nicole. It's usually a nice date for me, but this time, Audrey tagged along and Naz got dropped off at the skate park in Westminster. There was no shortage of hungry squirrels nor ducks to feed, and they came right up to us for Cheerios.
After a nice walk, we went to Brea Mall to find clothes for our family picture with the entire family. The theme was black. Here's my awesome find. A little black dress from my sister's favorite designer, Free People. It was on sale, which made it even more awesome. It was a lucky find for me, but have you ever searched for a black dress for a toddler in the middle of June? Good luck! We found 1 dress, and it cost us a pretty penny. Oh well. Pictures last a lifetime, right? I will post the picture once we get it, but there's no telling when that will be.
Sunday, I made a yummy breakfast for John in honor of Father's Day, and I touched SPAM. Can you believe it? I'm used to chicken by now, but Spam? Yuck. He's worth it, though, and he said I made it right, so a point for me! (We are officially celebrating John on Friday when we go see Andre Ethier the Dodgers vs. the Angels on Friday at Dodger Stadium.) I had to say a sad good-bye to my brother. How quickly his visit went. :( After that, we met the family at Rain Forest Cafe for Father's Day dinner with the whole family. Audrey got a monkey in a banana tree balloon, and she loved the water and fish tanks.
Monday, we met my cousin Maggie and her Keith at Hermosa Beach while John worked. I'm saving that for another post. There are way too many awesome pictures!
Tuesday, we went to Soak City for the first time and brought along our niece Maliya. We decided to get season passes, so that's probably where we'll be this summer! Give me a call if you care to join us!
Wednesday, sadly, we attended the memorial service of my college friend's mom. Jette and I have been friends for a long time, and I've always known her mom (Valerie) as a good, Christian woman with nothing but pride for her children and love for her husband (who passed away last summer). While it was sad to say good-bye, it was also nice to celebrate a Godly woman while visiting with old friends.
So... what does this summer have in store for us? Hopefully some down time!








No comments:
Post a Comment