Wednesday, June 29, 2011

200th Post about Audrey!


I just turned 32 years old yesterday.  Audrey will be 19 months old on Tuesday.  I thought I'd share some of our developmental milestones.

Me first.

I now have...
  • Crow's feet, despite pounding the eye cream.
  • The inability to stay alert past 10:00 pm.
  • The need (not necessarily desire) for coffee the instant I wake up (I haven't had it yet, so ignore any typos).
  • An ass that won't quit (growing).
  • An awesome husband who doesn't care what I look like, and loves me despite my moodiness and failing hearing (when Audrey wakes up before 7 am).

Audrey is also growing and changing!  I was a little concerned about how much she talks (she talks non-stop, but they're not always intelligible words).  I've been assured that the words will start pouring out.  Here are some things Audrey can do...
  • Point out nearly anything you ask her to, whether it's in books, in the room, or on tv.
  • Hoot like an owl, meow like a kitty, woof like a dog, pound her chest and make gorilla sounds, use her arm as an elephant trunk, hop like a bunny, flap her arms like a bird, and feed the ducks.
  • Blow kisses, give kisses, and hug on demand.
  • Yell "Bird!" at trees, planes, helicopters, and of course, birds.
  • Ask "what's that?" 758,438,909,234,739 times a day.
  • Swim!  Almost.  She kicks and paddles and splashes and dunks her face, which is a great start.
  • Turn page after page in a book, throw it over her shoulder, grab another book, and repeat.
  • Feed herself with a fork and spoon (though she sometimes needs help).
  • Point to her nose, ears, eyes, mouth, feet, piko (belly button) and tummy.
  • Sit on the toilet without falling off, wipe herself, and flush.  She hasn't actually made pee pee or poo poo on the potty.  When I ask, she says, "poo poo?" as if she had no idea that's what she was supposed to do.
  • Sweep the floor.
  • Pick up her toys when you sing Barney's "Clean Up" song.
  • Wave and say "Hewo" (hello).
  • Sign for food, more, and milk.
There are tons of other things she can do, but these are some of the things I see every day.  She is really smart.  I know every mother says that, but I swear, mine is really smart.  :)

In other news, here are some pictures from the Dodger game last Friday.  John had fun, Audrey had a new experience, and that made me happy.  You can see our new family picture as the banner at the top of this page.
This is a better picture than the one I'd posted earlier.

    No comments: