I don't remember when this picture was taken, but I just love it, so I decided to post it anyway. She's so sweet and cuddly when she is in her jammies! We were reading a book and she kept looking up at me.
Audrey had her first major accident. The kid was running away from me when I was trying to fix her hair, tripped over a pillow, and hit her forehead on the dresser knob. It left a puncture wound instead of a lump. It gave me quite a scare when I saw blood pouring out, so we rushed her to the ER (without brushing my teeth or washing my face first). The nurse gave her about 50 stickers 4 at a time, and that seemed to make everything better! That and her pacifier, of course. Here, you can see the puncture above her left eyebrow.
They glued her forehead shut instead of stitches, which was great. They had to wrap her in a type of pillow case so she couldn't move her arms, and a male nurse held her arms and legs down. I tried singing to her to calm her down (as though the sound of cats in heat would calm anyone down), because the doctor couldn't glue until she stopped crying. I mentioned the names Cruz and Sophie, and that did the trick. She named every friend she had at daycare at least 2 or 3 times, and by the time she was done, the doctor was, too!
We relaxed that evening with iceream (Frostbites). I'm not sure who it was more traumatic for- Audrey or us! The glue eventually rubbed off after a few weeks, and she has a little scar to remind her not to run! It hasn't been a very good reminder, though.
For Valentine's Day, John and I went to get much-needed massages and a yummy brunch at The Filling Station. We had our date on Lincoln's birthday, which meant daycare was open, but schools were not. Audrey enjoyed the day with her friends while we had an actual date. Later, I was surprised with this mug. It's too pretty to use.
Here's our little love bug enjoying her milk while we enjoyed our 2 for the price of 1 Coffee Bean drinks.
At the Discovery Science Center, Diego and Dora came to teach about the environment! We thought Audrey would love it, but it was PACKED with bratty kids who took things away from her. There was hardly even standing room. We stayed for a little while and then went to lunch. As teachers, it was free, so we didn't feel bad leaving early.
This picture is from last summer, but have you ever noticed how much she looks like Boo from Monsters Inc.? John did, and made this.
We made it to South Coast Plaza when John's computer broke. While he spent time at the Apple Store, we went on the carousel. It was a mini carousel, so Audrey got to ride without me holding on to her.
Here's a parting shot of Audrey with her friends Brody and Sophie. It was taken by Sophie's mommy, Jenny, on the steps of daycare. These are her best friends.





No comments:
Post a Comment