After we came back from Hawaii, Audrey started refusing her toddler bed, and she refused to sleep alone. I guess she got nice and cozy sleeping in the room with us, and ending up in our bed half way through the night. She's not fun to sleep with, either. She's a roller, she talks, she hits, and I woke up once with her fingers tangled in my hair.
SO we decided to move the guest bed into her room and buy her some fun sheets. Did it work? Not really. We still had to lay in her bed until she fell asleep, or sit in the hall, up until the last 2 nights (from when this was posted!).
Audrey's friend, Molly, has a great Nana who knitted all of the kids these awesome hats. The girls got these red and black striped hats with a ladybug on top, and the boys got a car hat with a toy car on top. It's cute seeing all of the little kids in their matching hats!
One of her favorite birthday gifts was this puzzle with all of the letters, both upper and lower case. (She learned all of her letters and numbers within a month, and can currently count to 15 without any mistakes.) This puzzle quickly got "lost" since she would dump the puzzle out and walk away, leaving us to put all 52 letters back in. We'll just hold onto that for later...
Audrey had her 2 year well-baby appointment, and it was much as expected... she's a petite girl. 10% in weight and 25% in height. I wish I remembered her exact stats... 23 pounds, I believe, but I don't remember her height. 31 inches? See- this is why I wish I'd kept up with blogging! The doctor said she seems really bright, and though she wasn't speaking too much then (if you could only hear her now!!!), her language development was normal. She took her shots with some tears, but then she had to draw blood, which was traumatic for both of us. I don't like drawing blood, so I can imagine how she must feel, not knowing what's going on. Poor baby. Luckily, she recovered quickly, and her bloodwork came out normal. Here she is before the appointment, not knowing what she's in for.
December meant the annual UCI friends' get together! We learned who was pregnant and who was pregnant but not admitting it yet, ate some yummy food, and caught up. I was still in my tired stage, and Audrey was still in her "there's too much going on in this noisy room, so I'm going to go crazy" stage.
One of our December highlights was Audrey's daycare Christmas party. All she can talk about are her friends: Fofie (Sophie), Coozie (Cruz), Bodie (Brody), Mafew (Matthew), Mawee (Molly), Tistan (Tristan), an so on. Here they are, lined up and ready to go outside and jump in the bouncer. She is so, so, so loved over there, and we are very lucky to have a daycare that takes care of her and accepts our child the way she is, wildness, terrible twos, and all. It makes me feel better about leaving her with "strangers" while I go to work each day. John and I have even gotten a date in here and there on our days off when daycare was still open.
One of her gifts from daycare was this cool drawing table! It came with markers (which were soon to be used on the couch and carpet). She's our budding artist.
For Christmas, we went to Uncle Ramir's and Auntie Nina's house in Rancho. Here is our annual Christmas picture. Check out my awesome new Toms... a gift from John.
Audrey is nothing if not "helpful." Here she is untangling the Christmas lights for me.
For her birthday, we got Audrey this easel. Now, she gets to name her letters with the magnets and make John draw Jack and Penny 20 million times on the chalkboard.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH, AUDREY GRACE!










No comments:
Post a Comment