Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday


Happy Easter! We started our Easter Sunday bright and early at 8:00 mass. It was packed! If you have a few minutes, there is a really powerful video about this Easter weekend that I will email you since when I posted it, it linked my blog pictures to google searches for the band. The song is by a Christian band that I went to church with in highschool. When I did a mission trip in the Philippines, this song was played during one of our performances. Hearing the song reminds me of high school and where I was in my life at that time, but it also reminds me about what Jesus went through in order for us to be here. Maybe I'm over-emotional, but watching that link, all I could think of was Mary and how she watched her innocent child tortured and murdered, and I'm not sure how she was able to do that.


On a lighter note (and so the tears stop), Audrey had fun on her first (real) Easter! She was much too young to appreciate the festivities last year, being only 4 months. It started out chilly, so she wore a warmer dress than the one I'd picked out. We went to Auntie Baby's house for lunch and hid eggs (more like put them in plain sight) for Audrey to find.

Her eggs were filled with treats like maple puffs, Pirate's Booty, and animal cookies. She plopped down in the grass and decided to dig in early.
Speaking of Easter treats, I couldn't help but make Easter grass cupcakes. I saw them last year in someone's Easter pictures, and really wanted to make some, but Easter had passed. Don't worry, they're made of coconut, not real grass. That would be gross.

I skipped the Easter basket last year, but started on this year's basket early. There's the bunny bag from Grandma (from last year, but I saved it for this year), a Peter Rabbit chocolate bunny, a Peter Rabbit book, a bunny cup with glitter, a seizure-inducing toy where you press the button and lights spin in the egg, a rabbit I hand sewed (made of felt), and Dora bubbles.

It's not exactly Easter-related, but on Saturday, Nicole and I went for a nice 2-hour walk through Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley, and it was baby birds galore! We saw 3 separate Canadian goose families alone. There were some baby mallards, and the squirrels were out in numbers. Spring has definitely sprung!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a great Easter celebration. Isn't it fun when they can finally start enjoying the festivities? Those cupcakes look yummy!