Wednesday, April 13, 2011

California Adventure

Today, Audrey and I went on an adventure. A CALIFORNIA Adventure. I was jealous that John took her for the first time (last week) and I wasn't with them. So... I packed us peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, grapes, and some Cheerios, and as soon as I heard the first sign that she was waking up from her nap, we were off.


The first ride was, of course, the tram. This also happens to be her favorite ride. It was SO much easier taking the little red stroller and a backpack over the bigger stroller with the basket to hold everything.

We had a brief lunch near the rapids. It's a great place to people-watch, too. There are all kinds of weirdos at California Adventure!

Have you heard of the organic milk boxes that you don't have to refrigerate? We first gave it to Audrey at Chipotle this weekend, and she sucked it down. I'm trying hard to get her to drink milk from anything but her bottle, without success. She will drink it from the straw if it's in this box. The only problem is it's low fat and not the whole milk she's supposed to be drinking.

This is what I saw today: The back of her head. This kid can run! I actually climbed through the hanging tunnel, because I couldn't get her to come out on her own. She wants to see everything, touch everything, crawl through every single space (especially if I can't get through or to the other side quickly), etc. She's curious and eager to learn new things, and I can't be upset about that. She just wears me out!

She loved this hanging bridge, but wouldn't let me hold her hand and ran if I got too close (already embarrassed of her mother?). She hung onto the net and shook it until the bridge swung from side to side.


This rope bridge (?) was her nemesis. She wanted to get to the other side by herself and got mad if I tried to hold her hand or carry her over. I moved her a few times when people were trying to pass by or when kids ran and almost stepped on her, and she wasn't pleased with me.



The only ride we actually went on was the carousel. You can't tell from the picture, but she loved it. She went up and down and up and down (and held on for dear life even though I was, too).



Before leaving the park for that fun and final ride on the tram, we watched the Muppet Show in 3-D. Did you watch the Muppet Show when you were younger? I don't remember if I loved it or not, but I do remember watching it and being terrified of the Swedish Chef. He still kind of freaks me out. I sat near the door in case Audrey freaked out, but she didn't! She wouldn't wear the glasses, but she looked up at the hecklers (Statler and Waldorf) each time they talked and moved, got excited about the penguins in the orchestra, pointed at the talking bear, and looked at everything as it happened on the screen and everywhere else (you'll have to see the show to know what I mean).

I'm enjoying my week home with Audrey (and not looking forward to going back to work). I thank God for my happy, healthy baby and the fact that she's quickly becoming a little girl (a little too quickly, if you ask me). Sometimes I can't believe how much I've been blessed with!

Stay tuned... tomorrow, Audrey and I are joining Sophie and Jenny at The Wild Animal Park in San Diego, and then pick up Auntie Paige at the airport tomorrow night. Pictures to come!


P.S. My baby brother went to the prom. They grow up so fast.
P.P.S. I'm assuming his date was Murry the Dog unless someone tells me otherwise.

No comments: