Saturday, April 9, 2011

What's it?

Sometimes I worry that Audrey can't say enough words, or that she's not learning them as quickly as she should. I was warned that once Audrey started learning to talk, we'd long for those quiet days again. I'm not quite there yet, but here is her favorite thing to say right now:


Besides asking what something is over and over and over again, she can say bird, book, mama, dada, grape, cat or Jack (?) and she meows, she can "woof" for a dog and she knows a few signs. She might say more, but we don't quite understand them yet. She's trying to say "Sesame Street," but it just comes out as "Ssssssse" (socks sounds similar to Sesame Street). There are lots of words that we think she might have said, but I'm only listing the ones I'm 100% positive about.

She is soaking everything in an understands WAY more than she can say. If we ask her where something is, she points. If we say, "go get the ____," she can go and get it. If we say "tu tulog na" she puts down her bottle and heads for the stairs (to go to sleep). There are many words or phrases in Tagalog she understands. She knows her socks, toes, feet, tummy, eyes, and a few other body parts inconsistently.

Lola dressed her in a Dora shirt, so if you ask her where Dora is, she'll point to her chest.
I know more words will be here any day. She gets really frustrated when we don't understand what she's trying to tell us. She loves reading and turning pages and pointing things out in her books. She watches Sesame Street and dances like there's no tomorrow. She's fascinated by Dora. On tv, she likes anything with music, like Bubble Guppies or The Fresh Beat Band. (I don't like her watching too much tv, but if I'm trying to make dinner or get an email out for work, it's a good way to entertain her for a few minutes.)

We're having so much fun watching our growing girl!

No comments: