Yesterday was the wedding of two of John's college friends, Jay and Tinz (Christine). The ceremony was in Walnut, and then we drove all the way to the Skirball Center in Sherman Oaks. Both the ceremony and reception were beautiful. I'd never been to the Skirball Center, but Audrey did some discovering (aka running around like crazy, trying to open every door, climb every step, and smell every flower she could find). We found a wall of gardenia bushes (one of my favorites), and I smelled them and said, "Mmmm." After that, we had to stop and smell EVERY SINGLE GARDENIA on the wall of bushes, and say, "Mmmmmmm" after each flower.
Audrey somehow got Auntie Mae to blow bubbles for her until there were almost no bubbles left in the container. Then she resorted to eating the container.
The big question of the night was, "When are you having another one?" I'm starting to hate that question, though I completely understand why people ask it. People are curious. I'm just not ready to discuss our personal business with everyone who's curious. At least last night, they added, "You make beautiful children." That kind of cushions the blow. If I avoid the question with you, don't take it personally. It's just something that we feel is between us, not everyone who wants to know.
They were right about one thing... we made one beautiful child, if I do say so myself!
This has absolutely nothing to do with the wedding, but it's the video of Audrey's helicopter toy thing in the kids meal at Taco Bell. She LOVED it, especially when I overreacted to it. Check out her little excited dance!

No comments:
Post a Comment