Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Plans!

 I'm super excited!  John just bought plane tickets, confirming our summer plans.  We are headed to Monterey and San Francisco, the same trip we took for our first anniversary, when I was 6 months pregnant.  I remember being really tired and still a little barfy at times.  I felt like I was giant (you can hardly even see a bump there!) and wore maternity jeans for the first time.  However, it was a great trip with John before our lives changed forever, and we became a family of 3.

It was actually on the 17 mile drive that our baby name was confirmed.  We were looking for a sign... what do you think of this sign???  Blatant enough?
Audrey didn't know it (and we didn't really know her yet), but she was with us the whole time!

It's been a really tough year for me, and I'm REALLY looking forward to this trip!  We won't be doing Alcatraz or the freezing boat ride again, but it will be a new adventure, seeing it through my child's eyes!

Let's not forget our trip to San Diego in August (John's AP Calculus conference and my week in Old Town by the pool).  It's like 2 summers ago all over again, only with a toddler.  I'm SO counting down until my vacation begins.  11 more days... 11 more days... 11 more days...  I can do it!

What are your summer plans?

No comments: