Sunday, May 22, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

Where DOES the time go?  It seems like just yesterday I was swaddling her (but not her arms!), and crying when she wouldn't sleep after an hour of bouncing on the medicine ball at 3 in the morning.  Now, she's walking, talking, singing, throwing tantrums, feeding herself, and being independent.  She has her own personality.  She's independent, stubborn, persistent, smart, curious, and has a fantastic memory.  She knows nearly as many animal sounds as real words.  She understands many words and phrases in Tagalog and she knows her  piko is her belly button (in Hawaiian) and she'll show it to you if you ask.  She has a temper, but will hug you after she hits or pinches you.  She's tough, and claps when she (or another baby) falls... that might cause problems in preschool, actually.

Audrey is musical- she loves dancing, playing the xylophone, playing Magic Piano on the ipad and pounding the keys at Lola's house.  She sings along (in her own language) to Sesame Street and Bubble Guppies.  Here she is rocking out to Katy Perry in the car.  That means we're going to have to start watching what we listen to in the car.

So we were going somewhere the other day, and John told Audrey to get in the car (thinking she'd walk to the door of the car and climb in).   This is where we found her, trying to put her seat belt on. You can't say this girl doesn't follow directions!  We'll have to learn to be very specific with our instructions to her.

 We went to Disneyland on Wednesday after school.  Audrey is cautious about some rides, but here she was anticipating the carousel.  She does enjoy those!

I thought this was a beautiful picture of Audrey, even if it's a little fuzzy and her hand is in her mouth.  I love the little curls around her sweet face.  I am thinking of cutting her hair, though, because her 2 giddy giddies cause her bangs to start way in the back, and they're always in her face.  She won't keep any of the cute clips in her hair, and she likes to pull out pony tails.  I was just going to let it grow and grow and grow, but I know it annoys her.  We'll see.

I thought it was time for Audrey to explore her creative side.  We gave her some jumbo crayons and a coloring page of Molly from Bubble Guppies and watched.  She colored Molly while watching Molly.


 I CAN'T WAIT until June 16 when I'm officially done with school!  I love love love my job, but I love my summer and weekends with my family.  We have a lot to look forward to:  Naz is coming to visit, potty training is on the horizon, and my sewing machine has been collecting dust since Spring Break.  I also look forward to planning for next year (I'm a nerd, I know).  What are you looking forward to?

No comments: