Saturday, August 28, 2010

Our last hurrah before school starts... San Diego!

We made a final getaway of the summer and drove down to San Diego. On Sunday, I got to visit with Sheerah, a good friend from college, and hold her tiny 3 month old, Addison!

We spent Monday at Sea World. Have you ever thought about being in a row boat or kayak (or small sea craft) and having a whale swim under or near you? That is a reoccuring nightmare of mine, to the point where I don't even like seeing pictures of whales. Especially their tails... they freak me out. Killer whales fall somewhere in between dolphins (totally NOT scary) and blue whales (the reason I wake up shaking after a nightmare) for me.

"Look! I can fit my whole fist in my mouth!"
One of my daughter's many talents.
A (rejuvenated) family photo after a long nap following a longer day at Sea World:

On our last evening, we went for a walk and watched the moon rise over Coronado.
It was a warm night, but we kept Audrey cozy.
You can't find a cozier spot than Daddy's arms!

Audrey normally takes her baths either in her little bathtub on the counter or in the big bathtub with me. Bathing in the sink (in our suite) was a treat for her! John calls this picture "bribery for when she's older." I call it "impossible to NOT smile when looking at it."

3 comments:

Sara said...

She is too cute! You are right about that last picture ;)

The Liconas said...

Darling pics!!! BTW-you know how we need to type in a "word verification" below before we can post a comment? The word for me is "knockers"....funny huh? Usually it is just a bunch of random letters, but this time-KNOCKERS!

therapy. boutique said...

She's like a cute mini-George Costanza!