Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hawaii and Johnny

We are enjoying our first trip to Hawaii as a family of 3. I know I'll have a million of pictures to share once we return, so I'll start while I'm still in paradise! Today, we went for a nice walk through my mom's neighborhood in Palolo Valley. Then, we met Grandpa for lunch and went to the beach for Audrey's first time in the ocean (other than foot dipping in Huntington).

Audrey and Grandpa relaxing on the beachwith Auntie Paige (Luckily, the naked man who was tanning his butt behind us left before the camera came out.)

Since Pirates of the Caribbean 4 is filming in Kaneohe Bay (at night), Johnny Depp is in town! He (being so awesome) meets his fans right before shooting (but after getting into costume). Paige, John and I drove out to be one of the crazy fans waiting to shake his hand. John said, "Take my wife! She loves you more than me!" to which Johnny Depp replied, "Oh," in an awkward "I Don't Know How To Respond To That" sort of way. My husband always knows what to say when meeting a celebrity crush (when I met Leonardo DiCaprio, he yelled "Leo! My wife has a huge crush on you and wants to shake your hand!"). Jerry Bruckheimer was there, too, but who cares about him!

Oh, yeah, we went to the beach and Audrey loved the water. She took splashing very seriously.

Fixing Mama's hair

Did I mention I met Johnny Depp?
Ahhh... I can die now!

1 comment:

The Liconas said...

Wow!! Your PERFECT trip!!!! Love the pics! Enjoy the rest of your time!!