On Thursday, Audrey REALLY wanted to go see the owls at the Orange County Zoo in Irvine Park. In fact, she begged me. "Please, Mama, can we go see the owls?"
What Audrey wants, Audrey gets! Luckily (for everyone else), we got to the zoo an hour before closing, so Naz and John only had to wait for me for a little while. I could sit in front of the owls all day, even though they don't do much.
We did have several rounds of a staring contest. I won some, and the great horned owl won some. Audrey got bored after awhile. I think she was secretly hoping someone would come rescue her from my antics...
Uncle Naz to the rescue!

Audrey wore her special owl outfit for the occasion. (John is smiling, because this is before I spent 30 minutes in front of the owls.)
Audrey's close encounter with some of the other kids... Kids, get it? Like baby goats? Ha ha...
We ended our day at the park with a walk near the dry river bed. This is the hillside that burned not too long ago. You can't see them, but there are about 30 turkey vultures and crows flying around looking for food. Of course, we had to stop so I could watch.
2 comments:
i think we're going to the same zoo next week! i want to see john's pic after the 30 min. hahaha!
He's tolerant. :)
Post a Comment