Saturday, July 10, 2010

Huntington Beach

It was a BEAUTIFUL afternoon on Friday, so we decided to spend it in Huntington Beach. First, we went for a walk on the pier. It was chilly with the wind blowing, but we didn't mind. (If you look carefully, you can see two tiny teeth on the bottom.)

We stopped to watch the surfers and bodyboarders in the water below. They looked like they were having fun, but Audrey was content in Daddy's sweatshirt, watching from the pier.

There were several attempts at a family picture, and believe it or not, this is the best one.

It was much warmer in the sunshine!
Naz might look bored and unhappy, but he got to skate around HB and meet some local skaters. It can't be easy having to hang out with his big sister and a baby all day, so at least he got to go off on his own for a bit.
I thought this was a neat picture. It was neater during hightide and the waves got bigger, but by then, there were way too many people trying to take pictures of their kids playing in the waves under the pier.

We wrapped up the day with happy hour at Duke's. Naz opted out, because he had a $5 footlong (amazing deal for a kid from Hawaii) and wasn't hungry. John and I had drinks and appetizers while Audrey people watched. It was the perfect ending to a beautiful afternoon!

6 comments:

The Golins said...

You were COLD? The entire rest of the world is experiencing an excruciating heat wave, and you were cold. So jealous.

The Ninofrancos said...

Don't worry, we'll get our heatwave. When Russia is settling into Fall and Winter in August, September, October, we'll be frying eggs on our sidewalks and coughing from the wildfires. Then I'll be jealous of you!

Jennifer said...

I love the first pic of you and Audrey. What a fun day at the beach! We are still not brave enough to bring all three kids there yet ;/.

Sara said...

I thought I commented here...but, I think it was on Facebook.
I love that first picture...so, cute!
Amazing how 2 tiny teeth can make them look so much bigger!

Susan Ly said...

nice bosom shot! =P

The Liconas said...

Great photos! Glad you got to all get out together!