Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My 5 "Can't Live Without" Baby Items







1. Fisher Price Papasan Cradle Swing This was the only way we could get Audrey to nap! Unfortunately, we didn't get it until long after I had gone back to work. I wish we'd had it while I was on maternity leave.


2. Aquaphor When I rushed Audrey to the doctor because of the rash on her face (paranoid as usual), I was told dermatitis is normal for babies. I was introduced to Aquaphor. (Tangent... have you ever seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding? Remember how the dad put Windex on everything? That's Aquaphor.) You will use it for baby acne, dermatitis, dry skin, diaper rash, and your own chapped lips. I put it on Audrey's face before she eats, because her cheeks turn bright red when the food touches them.

3. Boppy Pillow and Exercise Ball (in conjunction) The only way to keep my colicky baby from screaming for 3 hours straight was to bounce and bounce and bounce on the exercise ball (it's also a great way to tone your squishy, post-delivery butt). I put the Boppy around my waist and rested Audrey on it while I bounced (unless you want super-toned, but very tired arms). It's also a good way to get the baby to sleep.

4. Gerber Nightgowns (or sleep sack) Someone bought these for us, even though we didn't register for them, so I didn't pull them out right away. After Audrey's first night of wearing it, I decided to go buy more! They are so convenient for middle of the night diaper changes, and they have little mittens for those long nails you'll be too afraid to cut. I'm just sad they only fit up to 6 months.

5. Fisher Price Jumperoo A friend recommended this to me when Audrey wasn't old enough for it yet, but I bought it anyway. Once she could hold her head up on her own and was getting stronger (around 3-4 months), she loved it! My shorty required several books to help her push off, but now she's spinning in her seat and playing with the toys. See video and photos in previous posts...

1 comment:

Honest said...

This is great! Thanks for listing this!