Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Baby Food 101

I need to take this class. I bought the Super Baby Food book, but I'm not sure if I'm getting the right consistency. I tried carrots today... we'll see if she eats them. I might not have pureed long enough, but it didn't look like they were getting any less grainy. I also might have put too much water in. Or maybe I'm just hard on myself.

Apples were a success (sort of). I heard that applesauce is difficult to make, and buying organic baby applesauce isn't that much different, so we bought a little jar and I gave her about a tablespoon today. She isn't good at trying new things- she makes a face and then won't open her mouth anymore. With the apples, she made the face, but eventually let me shovel more into her mouth, especially once it was mixed with her rice cereal.

As for the Good Start... That's a no-go so far, unless it's mixed with Alimentum, and even then she's not a fan. I'm going to have to start slowly. She refused rice cereal that was mixed with Good Start, and was so angry, she wouldn't even eat it with Alimentum. She went to bed hungry, because she apparently believed I was trying to poison her and refused to finish her bottle, as well. She's stubborn. I wonder where she gets it? ;)

Today, we need to go get the Volvo serviced. I put her in her crib so I could get ready, and when I went to get her, she was knocked out! It gave me a chance to clean up a bit and eat a little, myself. Let's hope she makes a habit out of napping in her crib!

No comments: