We decided to take Audrey to the beach today. It was a beautiful, sunny day in Huntington Beach: not too hot, not too cool or cloudy, and we even saw dolphins swimming near the shore.
"Ready to go to the beach, Mama!""But I don't want to sit in the playpen!" (She eventually won that battle.) We got the playpen for these summer days at the beach and the park since she's a rolling machine (and will be crawling and walking soon).
First time feeling the wet sand squish between her toes...
No swimming yet! The water was cold, but she didn't pull her legs up. She was taking it all in.
At the end of our excursion, she was happy, despite being a little cold, a little pink, and really tired!
She tossed her pacifier into the sand as soon as we got there, so I had to use my thumb as a pacifier so she'd sleep in the car. What's even more exciting than her first trip to the beach is that 2 tiny teeth are poking through on the bottom! I will be sure to post pictures as soon as they're visible.
2 comments:
Isn't that the best watching her experience everything for the first time. I love her bathing suit, outfit and all her little sun accessories.
beach babe! what a cutie!
Post a Comment