Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Audrey, Queen of the World

Audrey is our growing girl! She is sitting in her owlie highchair while John and I eat our dinner, until she'd decided she's had enough and one of us has to hold her. She has been eating her rice cereal twice a day, and polishing off the entire bowl. I think someone is ready for solids! The doctor said at 6 months, but I'm thinking of introducing banana just a few weeks early. She's mastered the art of eating from a spoon, grabbing at the bowl, rubbing food in her hair and eyelashes, and putting anything and everything in her mouth.

I enjoyed my first Mother's Day as a real mother (and not just an incubator)! We went to brunch at Mimi's with the family and then enjoyed an afternoon in. "Audrey" got me a sewing machine, which was a very motherly gift to receive. I had been dropping hints, so I was thrilled. I, unlike many mothers, enjoyed Mother's Day WEEK. I got the sewing machine and a framed family picture on Sunday, McDonald's sweet tea (aka nectar of the gods) on Monday, a frappuccino on Tuesday, a sewing book on Wednesday, and 2 dozen roses on Friday (Audrey took a little break on Thursday). I am blessed to have such a beautiful, healthy daughter and a loving, supportive, thoughtful husband. Here is a picture of Audrey in her super cute outfit. She looks really Filipina here, if you ask me.
You'll notice that Audrey is getting to be an active baby! She proves below that the jumperoo was worth every penny. She'll be walking and running before we know it. Ignore the messy living room, and watch her get her workout.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

She does look like queen of the world in her big girl owl high chair. Wow...Audrey set the bar high for mother's day :).