Friday, May 31, 2013

May

 May is a month of celebrations for our household!

We celebrate the opening of Soak City!  We LOOOOOVE Soak City!  Not only is it a day of fun, but it's a natural laxative for Audrey and a nap-inducer for Emme.  Last year, I went to Soak City 9 months pregnant with a toddler who needed my full attention.  This year, I went with two kids who could appreciate the water.

We celebrate my greatest blessing, motherhood.  I still can't believe I have two wonderful children, and I'm thankful every minute (even the toughest minutes) that I've been given this blessing, which is also the toughest, but most rewarding job I've ever had.  This year, we went to breakfast at Kimmie's Coffee Cup.  I got to wear the necklace that Audrey made for me.

We get to celebrate John's birthday!  This year, he turned 34.  He wanted to go to a Dodger game on Bobblehead night, which isn't until September 12th, so it's a delayed celebration.  He is our rock, our protector, our lover, and our friend.  We couldn't be who we are as a family without him.

Emme is learning to play the drums.  She loves banging with little rhythm, but with the volume turned all the way up.

Emme and my goddaughter, Leah Michelle (her mommy, John's cousin, is Emme's Ninang) got to hang out.   Leah Michelle is only 5 months older than Emme, and look at how much bigger she is!  Her daddy is over 6 feet tall.

 I don't remember where this was taken or when, but I love my baby girl, and she loves me.

What do sisters do together?  Make a mess.  That's right.  As evidenced by this picture below.  And do they clean it up together?  Don't be silly!  The slowly and quietly creep away from the disaster, or feign ignorance and pretend to be reading.  It's okay girls, Daddy will clean it up.

One of the most exciting things that happened this month was our trip to see Disney on Ice.  It was a family event~  Ninang and Yoya walked Princess Belle to the Long Beach Arena.

Photo bomb!

Emme wasn't a fan of the ears.

Audrey eagerly awaited the show to begin!

It was a fun show for both girls!

Audrey in May... scribbling away in her book.  She's pretty good at circles and colors, and she's working on people.


I'm not sure what she's doing, but it probably made me laugh!

Emme has been working hard on growing teeth.

No comments: