Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Accomplishment

As you know, I got into a crafting frenzy this summer after getting a new sewing machine for Mother's Day. Sewing led to working with felt, which led to making baby hair clips. Saturday, I tried my hand at making a Taggie. Sophie's mommy, Jenny, made one for Audrey, and we talked about how we'd like to make one with more textures.

This is what I created, made from 4 different flannels on the front, and a bumpy felty texture on the back. There are 4 ribbons (1 silky, 1 velvety, and 2 other textures) sewn along the side. My favorite part is the felt LETTER I cut and sewed on! I know it's not a big deal for you veteran crafters and seamstresses out there, but for me, it was a big accomplishment.

I know Audrey's growing out of the Taggie stage, but I have plenty of friends with babies to keep me busy! Ali... Sheerah... Shalimar... Expect one very soon for Cynthia, Addison and Valentina!

P.S. If you have any age-appropriate things I can make for a 9 month old, feel free to share your ideas here.

No comments: