
We had another appointment with the lactation consultant today, just to make sure Audrey is eating okay and gaining weight. Last week, she was 7 pounds, 4 ounces (down 4 ounces from birth). Today, she was 7 pounds, 12 ounces! Not only did she gain back her 4 ounces, but she gained 4 more! The nurse said they expect babies to be back at their birth weight within 2 weeks, so Audrey is ahead of schedule (could you expect anything more from her, knowing who her parents are?). While we were there, she drank nearly 3 ounces of breastmilk. We left with a nearly 8 pound baby! On the downside, I'm still pumping almost a bottle a day due to engorgement. Ouch!
I hate to jinx things, but she really is a good baby. She doesn't cry very often (but that may be because Mommy comes running at the first sign of displeasure), and she sleeps about 3-4 hours at a time (with a few rough spots around our bedtime). Diapers are going quickly, because she's peeing and pooping enough for twins, but that's gotten rid of the bilirubin so she's not jaundiced anymore (though she was just mildly yellow to begin with). One thing her daddy likes to brag about is her projectile pooping! Watch out if you're ever within range during a diaper change.
Some interesting discoveries about Audrey Grace...
*She has 2 cowlicks.
*She has a freckle on the back of her left shoulder and one on her scalp.
*Her birthmark (on her scapula) is the same shape as mine.
*She's making some new and VERY cute sounds and facial expressions, including big sighs after sneezing, squeeky hiccups, and using her voice when swallowing.
I want to freeze her at this age so I can enjoy her a little longer, but I'm also excited to see what she'll do tomorrow! I do NOT want to go back to work in February. : (
3 comments:
don't think about february now...enjoy this time!
Do you know that its a Filipino belief having multiple cowlicks mean bratty kids?
I heard that, Karen, but John also has 2 cowlicks, and his mom said he was "the best." I'm hoping she'll take after him in that way.
Post a Comment