May was a busy month. It started with John's birthday, Audrey caught Hand Foot Mouth Disease, and ended with maternity leave.
For his birthday, John wanted to go to a Dodger game. It was quite a hike for a very pregnant me, but worth it. My big butt needed the exercise!
Audrey somehow ended up with Hand Foot Mouth Disease. This was NOT fun. It started with a high fever and a sore throat so painful, she wouldn't even eat ice cream. That is unimaginable. Her throat was swollen with blisters. Ouch! The blisters eventually made their way to other parts of her body, like her hand, her face, and few places I couldn't take pictures of.
It really knocked her out for about a week. :( Because I was very pregnant, we were scared it would transfer to the baby, which we found out was possible. I wore gloves to change her diaper, but wasn't as careful as I should have been. Luckily, we all turned out okay.
Audrey started riding a bike. Sort of. It took some pushing from John (literally) for her to get going!
My mom sent me this maternity shirt, which was super cute, but alas, it did not fit. I was just too big.
It's amazing looking back at Baby Emme now, because she looked just like this when she was born! Look at those fat cheeks! Who needs 3-D imaging?
During my first week of maternity leave, John took a day off so we could have one last (maybe?) date before the baby came. We went to C&O in Manhattan Beach and took a long walk. It was a beautiful day.
This was pretty much my uniform during all of maternity leave!
I stressed about getting everything just right for the baby. Luckily, I had a great helper, a big sister in the making. She learned to rock Dragon in the swing, and then read him (or her?) stories in the bouncer.
Before the baby came, we spent a lot of time at Soak City. We only had to go three times to get our money's worth, and we definitely did! When I got really big and slow, we had Crystal come with us to chase Audrey through all of the slides and people. She loves the water!






No comments:
Post a Comment