Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter!

For holidays, I try to combine some of my childhood traditions with some of John's so we have the best of both worlds for Audrey (and future baby).  One tradition I grew up with was the Easter basket.  Last year, I went with a bunny theme and bought or made bunny items.  This year, I decided to go with things I know Audrey likes.  The basket is for her, after all, not for me to satisfy my creative urges (though if I can, two birds with one stone!).  In her basket this year, she found:
  • The Muppets Movie
  • Bubble Guppies coloring book
  • a box of 48 crayons
  • melting pills that turn into sponges
  • chocolate Peter Rabbit
  • eggs with jelly beans
  • the toys she got from her daycare Easter egg hunt


After church, Audrey took her nap, and then we joined the family for one of John's traditions- an egg hunt with the cousins.  Audrey hunted for eggs with her cousins.  I had to help her find the eggs with her name on them.


Audrey got to wear her new dress (that I bought her for Christmas!) for the first time.  It was finally warm enough!

No comments: