Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July

July means we've been married for 5 years.  5 Years!  That seems so long.  It hasn't been the easiest 5 years, but who can say their first 5 years of marriage was easy?  Marriage is a lot of work, but it's good work, work that you want to do, and is worth it.

So instead of sharing a wedding picture like I normally would on our anniversary, I'll shamelessly post pictures of our honeymoon.  We took a Mexican Riviera cruise.  Back when I thought I was old and fat (I hate that skinny, young me).  Back when we were hung on each other instead of kids hanging on us.  Back when we were childless and carefree.  Back when we had no idea what we were missing!




Emme in July~ She is walking and chattering, imitating her sister, and turning into a toddler instead of a baby.  She is still nursing, but also drinks whole milk from a sippy cup.  She is showing that she is a sweet, cuddly little girl, but also stubborn and determined to get her way!

Audrey in July~  While she has known her letters and numbers for quite a while now, she is learning to write them.  She traces her name on the ipad.  She's actually an ipad fiend.  Anytime she can get her hands on it, she does.  She is a sponge, absorbing anything she can, and impressing people with how smart she is!


For my birthday, John took me to The Getty Museum.  Neither of us had been there before. It was beautiful, and we had a relaxing time looking at each piece of art, enjoying the view, and enjoying each other.  Thank goodness Ms. Celia is open during the summer!  The girls could have a normal routine while we could spend time with each other.


For our anniversary, we went out to lunch in San Juan Capistrano, and then took a drive up PCH.  We had to stop at the lookout in Crystal Cove where John proposed.  We finished off another date together with Sprinkles.


Five years later, look where we are.  He made me a wife and a mother, the two things I wanted more than anything else.  I couldn't ask for anything more.


No comments: