Friday, August 31, 2012

August 2012

I'm two months! I like to eat and sleep and eat and poop and then take a nap.  I have tall spiky hair, and I look a little like a Monchichi doll.  I am looking more and more like my daddy each day, and less like my mommy and Ate Audrey.  I am full of love and smiles and cuddles.  :)


Audrey got some special Daddy time.  John took her to see his friend Patrick at a coffee shop.  He had just published a comic book, and was happy to sign copies for both girls.  It is important to me for both girls to get quality time with each of us, so when John can take Audrey somewhere and do something fun, I make sure it happens.

 Sweet escape!  Crystal came with us to Soak City, which was awesome, because Audrey got to play in the water while Emme and I sat in the shade.  Crystal is so sweet and patient, and was happy to follow Audrey around the kids area so we could get out of the house.

Sweet sweet Emme

Someone is a Jamba Juice thief.  ;)
Auntie Nicole invited us to the Orange County Zoo in Irvine Park while she was volunteering.  They were showing a movie (which we didn't stay for), and she taught Audrey about the bears.  It was a warm (HOT) evening, but nice to get out of the house and do something fun as a family.

She is such a peaceful little baby.  She could easily lay on my chest all day long if she could, just sleeping, waking up to eat and get her diaper changed, occasionally smile at her sister's antics...  I'm not sure if this is because she has a gentler, more peaceful nature, or because we as parents are more at ease, having gone through all of this before.  Either way, I'm grateful.  I would have loved her and worked with her if she were as colicky and challenging as Audrey was, but oh man, how much easier she is!  I'm saying this now, which means she will probably be hell on wheels as a teenager, or a toddler, even!

Sisters in jammies!

So far, Emme's most challenging attribute is her refusal to drink from a bottle. It's breastmilk, same as from the tap, but she just wouldn't take it for the longest time!  Many different bottles, many different nipples, many different positions... she finally drank the day before her first day at Celia's.  Thank goodness.  I don't know what I would have done if I had to drive over there every 2 hours to nurse her.  I think she feels some of the stress I feel.  I secretly want her to only drink from me!

Back to work... back to work.  I went back when Audrey was 9 weeks, and I did the same with Emme.  It was a great maternity leave, but Mommy needs a paycheck.  The only thing that gets me through the day is knowing my children are in wonderful hands.  We are blessed with awesome daycare!


Happy 2 months, Emmeline!

Audrey got her face painted for the first time!  We went to our neighbor's third birthday party where Audrey enjoyed the jumper and the face paint.

Look how innocent Emme looks here.

We're so so so blessed to have two happy, healthy girls who call us Mom and Dad.



No comments: