Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nature Girl

Since Audrey did NOT want to leave Lola's house today (because she wanted to play in the front yard), I decided to take her out. In our neighborhood, there is a grassy area where kids play and people "relieve" their dogs. I put her in her pink car with snacks and some water, and we went for a walk to the grassy area.This girl is in love with being outside! She ate her snack while reaching up to the sky whenever a bird flew by. When she was done, she was all about picking grass and putting it in her hair, reaching up to the sky, and freezing every time she heard a bird, a loud car or motorcycle, or a helicopter. At one point, she even rolled into the grass (heaven forbid she lay on a blanket) and examined the grass she picked.
She had a good laugh while Mommy attempted to do some crunches. She climbed onto my stomach, giving me a good excuse to stop. Then, we played tag. She has beautiful, chocolately brown hair, but will not tolerate hair clips, rubberbands, or anything that moves the hair out of her face. She's a funny girl. :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

She is so cute. I love the last two pictures. My kids are the same way they love being outside. When they were babies and were crying if I just stepped outside they would instantly stop crying.

Sara said...

Love the picture of her in the grass...cutie pie!

The Liconas said...

These pictures and your narrative made me feel as if I was actually right there with you guys!