Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What's Mama's favorite Asian dish?

Fat Thai! Get it? Get it? Fat Thai sounds like Pad Thai, and she has fat thighs that I like to squeeze to get her to smile...
At least someone thinks it's funny.

Here she is with big smiles for the camera...


Audrey has officially been breastmilk-free and on formula for a whole week. So far, it has helped a little with the colic, she hasn't had blood in her poop since Friday, and John can bond with her by feeding her. However, she's really constipated, her poop looks like green sludge and smells even worse, and I'm starting to lose my milk. Plus, she's not getting the antibodies she needs from me, and formula costs $25 a can, which lasts less than a week! I've been off of dairy and pumping in hopes that the doctor lets me return to breastfeeding. I don't know how long I can keep this up, though.
Today, Audrey and I went to Yorba Regional Park with Jenny and Sophie. We took a really long walk, and Audrey stayed in her stroller for nearly the entire time! That was a miracle. It was a cool day, but warm and sunny enough to enjoy ourselves. It is nice to be able to chat with another mom who is going through the same things we are (Sophie is one week older than Audrey).

3 comments:

The Liconas said...

She looks wonderful! So glad you got to hang with Jennifer and Sophie!

Sara said...

I love her tiny features! Shes like a baby doll...

Is she sleeping better with the formula?
The constipation will get better once she adjusts to the formula. The stinky poops, not so much ;)

The Ninofrancos said...

She isn't really sleeping better with formula, but she isn't sleeping worse. She wakes up around 2 am, and again around 5 or 6. Sometimes she wakes up once an hour after her 2 am feeding, and that's no fun.