Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Update

Audrey is now 10 weeks and 5 days old. Where does the time go? My little girl is growing up so fast. There's not a whole lot to report, but here are a few updates...

She coos and aaahs at us when she's happy, usually after her bath or a diaper change. She's not laughing yet, but she smiles a lot, and is very curious about what's around her.

We took our first "vacation" last weekend. We went to Las Vegas to visit Libby. Surprisingly, she did very well in the car! There was the crying at the beginning of the car rides (she hates the car), but she slept most of the way! That was a relief for me since I was in the back with her. On the way home, she fussed a lot more. We discovered she hates casinos (not that we spent any time in them- I just wanted to see the lions!). Luckily, neither of us care to spend much time in them, either.

You might think that being so cute, she's always happy and smiling. Here's proof otherwise:

And not too long after that crying spell:

Bath time is my favorite time of the day. I always get in with her and hold her on my legs, or let her hang her legs off my stomach so she can kick. I teach her about her bath toy animals and we sing Taylor Swift or just stare at each other and make funny noises. Tonight, she fell asleep in the bath. I would have taken a picture, but since I was in the bath with her, it wouldn't have been appropriate to post, anyway. Just know that it was very cute, but kind of sad since our special time was cut short due to narcolepsy.

I'm discovering that being a new mom, dedicated teacher, devoted wife, and obsessive house cleaner isn't working for me. Therefore, the blog is also suffering. I don't know how to not give 100% to everything. I'm sure you'll read more about it when I've had more than 5 hours of sleep! Right now, the screen is starting to go fuzzy and I'm exhibiting some of Audrey's narcoleptic behaviors, myself.

2 comments:

Sara said...

yep...,it's hard to find the balance between all the hats we wear.
that's why I don't clean my house.

The Ninofrancos said...

If you (Super Mom) don't clean your house, then I won't, either.