Happy December!
We took a family trip to Long Beach, where Emme got to dress up as a polar bear (again) and Audrey learned to ice skate. We saw huge ice sculptures and waited in a long line. My favorite part was nursing while standing, surrounded by strangers and male family members. Okay, it wasn't my favorite, but it was an adventure, and an experience I can say I had.
I made 15 chalk rolls for the kids at daycare. It was a little tedious, but I love being crafty and making things for people. Just don't look too closely... I said I like doing it, not that I'm any good at it!
One of the most important things that happened this month was Emme was baptized. Did we get any pictures? No, of course not. Don't be silly. Why would we document such a special day? Are you crazy? That would be way too logical and require modern new-fangled technology, like cameras or iphones or something. Geez. So demanding.
I did get a picture of the gifts near the tree, though. We had so many generous people donate to Emme's college fund, wardrobe, and toy box. The greatest gift you can give to her is your prayers, though, and we appreciate every one of them.
Our little Christian baby!
She's already a reader...
Match jammies!
Daycare Christmas party!
We are so, so, so, so, so grateful for wonderful daycare. I couldn't be happier with Celia's house unless they were actually family (which they kind of are to us, now). They love our girls when we aren't able to be with them. Audrey and Emme get so much love and attention, the bags of gifts they took home after the Christmas party were just icing on the cake. The friendships Audrey has made and the growth she's making both academically and socially don't come with a price tag.
Our friend Sara Cooper took our Christmas pictures. We actually color-coordinated and even curled our hair (mine and Audrey's). It's too bad it was so HOT! Here is one of my favorites, even though we went with another picture for the Christmas card.












No comments:
Post a Comment