The other night, John was finishing folding the laundry while I finished bathing and dressing Audrey for bed. She and I decided to have some fun while Daddy slaved away!
We're having so much fun with her (like the video above), and yet, there are some days that I can't wait for her to get out of this stage.
Today, for example.She slept in (6:45!) and we had a good morning until it was time to take Penny to the vet for her check up. While I'm fighting to get Penny in her crate, Audrey (who learned to open the baby gate) took it upon herself to clean the litter box. Later on, she found some whiteout and decided to paint herself (lips, clothes, etc.) while I was figuring out which apps she had just deleted from my phone. She showed me she was done eating by pushing her plate onto the floor, and squirted us with milk from her bottle when she was done with that.
I just wasn't on top of my game today. We both had slight fevers. She still has that runny/stuffy nose, and I have something that settled in my intestines (webmd says it might be gastroenteritis, but who knows). At this age, I have to be caffeinated and well-rested to keep up with her! Like driving, I can't have a phone or a cup of coffee in my hand or she'll get the best of me. Despite her keeping me on my toes, I love her to death and wouldn't have it any other way.
1 comment:
Haha! Sounds like my weekend! And I thought it was just my kid being onery!
Post a Comment