Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Some babies have no sense of humor.

Audrey and I just got back from her 4 month doctor's appointment. The good news is, she's a healthy, happy baby!
  • weight: 13 pounds, 10 ounces (47th %ile)
  • length: 24 1/4 inches (50th %ile)
  • She has to stay on the Alimentum (formula) until 6 months, but she can start rice cereal.
The bad news (at least, I saw it as bad news) is she should be laughing more. Yes, she chuckled a time or two, but that's not real laughing according to the law of milestones. A "ha ha" isn't the same as a "ha ha ha ha." I'm not sure what I got the few times she laughed when I kissed her neck. Maybe a "ha ha ha?" I tried singing "Baby Got Back" (it worked for Emma, Rachel Green's baby from Friends). I tried tickling. I tried Peek-a-Boo. I tried singing (insert joke about my singing voice here). She'll get the biggest smile in the world, but no laugh. She's going to have really high standards when it comes to humor.

Before she was born, Audrey used to get the hiccups 5-6 times a day (usually at night when I was trying to sleep). She hasn't changed much. (Caution about the video: You may get seasick. It looks like I'm really shaky with the camera, but she's bouncing in her jumperoo!).

1 comment:

The Liconas said...

Well, did the doctor try telling her any jokes???