Saturday, November 7, 2009

37th Week Appointment


As you probably heard, we found out that our nurse-practitioner no longer works for Kaiser. I was relieved to find out it's not because she ate babies or got punched for calling the wrong patient fat. She had to go back for more education and do some hoop-jumping to work with her disabled patients. Instead, we saw another nurse practitioner, the one we saw on our very first prenatal visit.

She assessed that I am 50% effaced and 1 cm. dilated. She also said she could feel the baby's head engaged at a station +2, which is good. She was surprised to see that I have progressed so quickly, but not surprised after I told her that I'm on my feet all day and still very active at work, though it's been a rough week. Though one can never be sure, she believes I will NOT be overdue, and could deliver in 3 days or 3 weeks.

With that in mind, I came home and proceeded to have the prelabor runs all night, as well as the worst cramping/prelabor pains I've had so far (just a taste of what's to come, I'm sure). TMI? Nothing is TMI at this point! I have been assured this is very normal, and my body's way of prepping for deliver. Better at home than on the table, right?

John and I have been very busy getting the house ready, though he's taken over the bulk of the cleaning while I'm limited to "baby" chores, like organizing her socks and folding burp cloths. We spent our Friday night sterilizing bottles and unpacking the breast pump. We're wild and crazy, huh? Today we made the big trip to Babies R Us to pick up some last minute items we had forgotten, as well as the hospital to drop off our preregistration forms to Labor and Delivery. I think I'm officially "nesting," because I painstakingly scrubbed the tops of the washer and dryer, changed the shower curtain in the guest bathroom, and reorganized the sock drawer. I finished the afternoon off with a 2-hour nap.

She's coming quickly! I can't wait to post pictures of our new daughter soon... maybe my next post!

P.S. On a non-baby note... Jack is officially NOT diabetic (yay!), but may require ear drops for a long, long time. He visited Dr. Bae today and is in good health (other than the ears) for a 9 (or 10?) year old kitty. : )

No comments: